On traditional social media, you have the option to share text-based status updates, links, pictures, memes, and also video. But with so many variations of content, coupled with all the ads on people's news-feed, it can become difficult to stand out and get noticed in all the noise.
Consuming content on traditional social media platforms feels like I'm sipping water from a fire hose.
For this reason, TapeReal is approaching social media differently. We're putting people and their voices first. We're humanizing the traditional status update by only focusing on audio and video.
The unique thing about recording audio and video is that it adds some creative tension and authenticity into the sharing process. Rather than sharing whatever, you're likely to pause and reflect before deciding to share something online. This translates into higher quality content that is more meaningful and valuable for your audience.
It's also a new way to approach social networking. So if you're contemplating joining the world's first social media app that put's people first, here are some ideas around what you can possibly do on TapeReal...
Oh, and did we mention that you can monetize content on TapeReal too?
Yup... keep reading... $$$
1. Start a Book Club / Book Reading Journey
Some folks on TapeReal have already started their own book clubs where they select a book, read a chapter every week, and record some insightful thoughts and discussions around the chapter.
It's a great way to bring books to life, and you end up learning a lot more in the process. It's also fun, engaging, and deeply rewarding. Even authors can start their own series to build their audience and engage with readers.
Here is how you can easily start a book club on TapeReal:
- Choose a book...
- Let people know about your upcoming book reading journey on TapeReal
- Share a link in your tape comments so that people can purchase a hard copy or kindle version of the book if they want to read along.
Follow these best practices for your book club on TapeReal:
- Set a weekly or bi-weekly date for your book club discussions.
- Read a chapter each week and take notes about the things you liked, disliked, and want to discuss.
- Record a tape about the chapter. Discuss the elements of the chapter, what you learned, character critiques (if it's fiction), some quotable lines, etc.
- Use relevant hashtags for your book club name, book title, author, and chapter. This helps random people find and discover your series.
- Engage and ask questions from the community. Get feedback from listeners through audio and text comments.
Repeat steps 1-5 each week until the book is complete!
2. Record a Podcast
TapeReal makes it super easy to record a quick podcast right from your phone. No need for mics, hardware, intro music, artwork, hosting, editing and uploading large files. With a simple tap, you can record a quick audio post or audio blog and share it with the World.
How to record a podcast from your phone:
- Tap the mic icon on the record screen
- Start recording your thoughts or conversation with someone
- Add a descriptive title, relevant hashtags, and publish.
Your tapes immediately appear on the TapeFeed for the community to recommend, comment, and share. You'll also appear on the front page of TapeReal.com where you can get a unique web link for your tape OR get the code to embed your tape on a website or blog.
Whether it's a funny story, life-transforming experience, or philosophical thought, TapeReal is a great place to record and share your social podcast conversations.
3. Start a Vlog or Audio Blog
Vlogs and audio blogs are a great way to share your thoughts, ideas, and goals. By sharing your progress and journey, you become accountable to your goals and are more likely to achieve them. It also makes you vulnerable... and with vulnerability you gain personal freedom!
Here is how you can easily document your journey by recording a vlog or audio blog on TapeReal:
- Go to the Record Solo screen and tap the video or audio icon to start recording.
- Record your vlog or audio blog or upload your own previously recorded video.
- Add a descriptive title, relevant hashtags, and publish.
That's it! Your tapes immediately appear on the TapeFeed for the community to recommend, comment, and share. You'll also appear on the front page of TapeReal.com where you can get a unique web link for your tape OR get the code to embed your tape on a website or blog.
Some Vlogging & Audio-logging Ideas
- Exercise & Weight-loss – track your progress, what you're eating, how you're exercising, what you're feeling – let it all out. TapeReal creators recently completed a 30-day push-up challenge to keep each other accountable and build strength.
- Water Fasting – record your intentions, how you're doing the fast, what you're feeling – share the journey.
- Daily Journal or Diary – record a journal about your day - what happened to you, the good, the bad, the ugly, how you dealt with it, what you learned. Recording a daily journal or vlog can also be beneficial to your mental health.
- Courses/Textbooks – if you're taking a course and wish to record what you learned, a vlog or audio blog is a great way to document and reinforce key concepts that you can play back later.
- Memories – did something spectacular happen to you today? Want to remember it forever while it's still fresh in your mind? Record a tape and save it forever.
4. Record a Song or a Cover Song
If you're an aspiring musician, lyricist, rapper, DJ, have an indie band, or simply like singing or playing music, you can easily record and share a song on TapeReal. It's a great way to gather feedback from your listeners too!
Whether you're strumming the guitar, playing piano, beating on drums, blowing on bagpipes, or singing A Capella, sharing musical vibes on TapeReal is easy, effortless, and fast.
All audio is recorded in High Definition (HD), and so is video (for video, just make sure you're connected to a strong WiFi or cellular connection).
Aspiring and established musicians can also monetize by selling access to their exclusive content. Exclusives can be early-music drops, behind-the-scenes recordings, live music, and more.
5. Create, Teach, Get Ideas
Are you an expert on a topic? Do you have a skill you want to share? TapeReal is an excellent place for experts and creators to share their knowledge and skills. We're a new social reality; a community for sharing experiences, learning, and connecting with real people. The collective and authentic knowledge of humanity.
Ideas for Creators
- Teach a Skill – this could be any skill – a cool yoga move for releasing tension, a life hack, a how-to for woodworking, origami, painting, magic tricks, gardening, raising chickens, the list goes on and on... if you've got a skill, come share your know-how on TapeReal.
- Create a Course – record a course or a series on a topic that you care about – from history to digital marketing to coaching to web development – starting a course on TapeReal is easy and effortless.
- Cooking / Recipes – do you have a delicious recipe? Share that family recipe from Nono Franca and show the community how to make the perfect pasta, or simply share what you're cooking today and show them how it's done!
On TapeReal, creators can create with endless options. With our ability to monetize, you can also generate a new revenue stream instantly.
We hope you found this blog post useful. If you have your own ideas, Tweet us @taperealapp, or download the app and share an intro tape with the community!
The recording canvas is yours!
Get ahead of the game and start building your audience on TapeReal before the masses. Share your feedback and help shape the World's only people-first platform.
Let's be better humans
Join a community of people who share the same interests and values as you.
Get the app and join the movement as early as today.